Three-Phase Transformer Wiring

Home Forums Products Blog Industrial Electrical Transformers Three-Phase Transformer Wiring

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  MicroTraxx 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

MicroTraxx
    Keymaster
    Safe Harbor Statement
    I really don’t know what I am doing. The following is based on searching the internet and talking to those that have worked the insdusty. The problem is that I am trying to translate this to a model. Just how successful I am at that is up to discussion.

Click the images for a larger version

Three single-phase distribution transformers connected to a three-phase three-wire ungrounded delta primary-voltage system to obtain three-phase three-wire delta secondary service
    Fig_4-21Figure 4-21 shows the proper connections for three single-phase distribution transformers connected to a three-phase three-wire ungrounded delta primary-voltage system to obtain three-phase three-wire delta secondary service.

The illustration is for a 2,400-volt primary system and voltages would be connected the same. Single-phase transformers with secondary windings constructed for voltage of 240/480 should be used to obtain 480-volt three-phase secondary service.

Three single-phase distribution transformers connected to a three-phase four-wire grounded neutral wye primary-voltage system to obtain 208Y/l20- or 480Y/277-volt secondary service
    Fig_4-22Figure 4-22 shows the proper connections for three single-phase distribution transformers connected to a three-phase four-wire grounded neutral wye primary-voltage system to obtain 208Y/l20- or 480Y/277-volt secondary service
    Three single-phase distribution transformers connected to a three-phase three-wire ungrounded neutral delta primary-voltage system to obtain 208Y/l20-or 480Y/277-volt secondary service
    Fig_4-23Figure 4-23 shows the proper connections for three single-phase distribution transformers connected to a three-phase three-wire ungrounded neutral delta primary-voltage system to obtain 208Y/l20-or 480Y/277-volt secondary service.
    Using two transformers to obtain three-phase service,for a delta primary circuit
    Fig_4-24The proper connections, using two transformers to obtain three-phase service,for a delta primary circuit are shown in figure 4-24.

The capacity of the two transformers is now, however, only 58 percent instead of 66 2/3 percent of what it would appear to be with two transformers.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.